[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mike Nichols <mike at myownsoho dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Future plans after =?UTF-8?Q?=31=2E=33=3F?=
 Date:  Sat, 05 Dec 2009 19:27:15 +0000
ok, this is getting silly.
MySQL will never come packaged in m0n0wall.  why? google

Please don't ever put UPnP in m0n0wall. nor RIP. nor BGP. nor linux.

to anyone who wants UPnP on a similar system:
use pfSense. AND It's extremely similar. (there is a joke in that
sentence, those of you who get it will at least smile)

pfSense even has an embedded version AND THE LATEST VERSION OF BSD!!!  =O

lets just stop the craziness and keep things small that are intended to
be, and build packages for those systems that accommodate them.

mike--

included is one link for your reading pleasure:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22760356-M0n0wall-VS-PFSense

http://www.google.com/search?q=featuritis
> If it doesn't need too big effort to add UPnP, just add it. Of course as

> disabled by default.
>
> OpenVPN as someone also mentioned would also be a nice feature.
>
> / Dennis

  Mike Nichols
  +1 914 613 3334
  mike at myownsoho dot com