[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Charles Goldsmith <wokka at justfamily dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  proxy arp problems
 Date:  Tue, 8 Dec 2009 22:47:31 -0600
I've been a user of m0n0 for several years, and am trying to put a new
install in at a colo.  Soekris 5501 with 1.3 new install on a flash
card.

No problems with the basic nat/fw setup.  But when I setup a few
server NATs and proxy arp, the proxy arp doesn't seem to be working.

I have a /29 in a vlan, so the ISP isn't routing it.  If I unplug my
WAN port on the firewall and plug into my linux laptop, I can alias in
all of the IP's and can ping them from remote.  The m0n0 doesn't seem
to proxy arp my secondary IP's or the server nat's don't work, not
totally sure, but it seems to be proxy arp.  I enabled ICMP to all
ip's and can ping the WAN address, but I cannot ping any of the other
IP's.

Is anyone using server nats and proxy arp with 1.3 sucessfully?  I
might be able to get my ISP to route the IPs for me, but I'd rather
not bother them with this.

Any help would be appreciated.
Charles