[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Parnican <monowallboy at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to block a certain website with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:15:58 +0100
As suggested by Albert Lash, it works also for me -> You can try DNS
forwarder, its not like reall blocking but it works for me.

Just define domain which needs to be (blocked) redirected and send it
somewhere to your IP (web page) where you show page blocked or etc..

Host	Domain	IP	Description
facebook.com 	 213.215.X.X 	 redirect facebook.com to my IIS

2009/10/8 GD Incorporation <rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com>:
> Deal all m0n0wallers
>
> Can you tell me how to block certain web sites from being accessed by the
> users. I tried to id the IP address of the DNS servers of the web sites and
> put them in the Firewall Rules under block and it still accessibles. Then I
> found a forums that says that reject works faster and better, so I tried
> reject.
>
> On one computer it works, but on another computer (that has pass through
> mac) does not works. Can you tell me what to do to make the filter 100%
> working?
>
> Thanks
> Rendra

I'm using m0n0wall from 2004! Its great!