[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 To:  Charles Goldsmith <wokka at justfamily dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: proxy arp problems
 Date:  Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:14:20 -0600 (CST)
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Charles Goldsmith
> <wokka at justfamily dot org> wrote:
> > I've been a user of m0n0 for several years, and am trying to put a
> new

> > card.
> >

> > server NATs and proxy arp, the proxy arp doesn't seem to be
> working.
> >

> my
> > WAN port on the firewall and plug into my linux laptop, I can alias
> in

> seem
> > to proxy arp my secondary IP's or the server nat's don't work, not

> > ip's and can ping the WAN address, but I cannot ping any of the
> other
> > IP's.
> >

> > might be able to get my ISP to route the IPs for me, but I'd rather
> > not bother them with this.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> > Charles

I've got systems setup in the same type of environment(subnet routed to my network/VLAN) but have
not had to use proxy arp, server nat, or 1:1 nat. I simply setup the box to be a filtering bridge
(Option checked in Advanced-->Enable Filtering Bridge). Then, I simply add rules to allow traffic
through (with default deny rule of course).

I just verified this setup is in use on 4 or 5 production systems all running 1.3b11. Maybe you're
going about this the wrong way? :-)

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.