[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Charles Goldsmith <wokka at justfamily dot org>
 To:  "Ulrik Lunddahl (PROconsult)" <ul at proconsult dot dk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: proxy arp problems
 Date:  Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:44:27 -0600
1.2 didn't resolve the problem, still no proxy arp.  It seems my
upstream isn't accepting the proxy arp. I didn't have time to wait for
the arp to time out or wait on a support ticket to get them to clear
(not sure if they would), so I am spoofing the mac address on the WAN
interface of the previous server who had the IP addresses (it's now
behind my m0n0wall).

This isn't ideal, I don't like spoofing it, but it was the only thing
that I found would work and allow me to get the firewall up and
running.

Thanks for all of the input and suggestions.
Charles

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Charles Goldsmith
<wokka at justfamily dot org> wrote:

> from there and post my results.
>
> Charles
>
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Ulrik Lunddahl (PROconsult)
> <ul at proconsult dot dk> wrote:
>> I'm using Proxy ARP in a production environment, for two subnets from my ISP, it's running fine,
but with version 1.21

>> I'm about to upgrade to version 1.3, but it will be in the next few weeks. When I have upgraded,
I will post here.