[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kasper Pedersen <m0n0list dash kkp2 at kasperkp dot dk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  what to do when having rather many clients
 Date:  Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:42:54 +0100
I have a machine in a rack where I can get free power and free
bandwidth. In return it is available as a time server with good
integrity (multiple GPS and HF receivers). It is also a member of the
ntp pool project, and that is where my problems begin.

The monowall 1.3 in front of it acts as a router - it has routable
addresses on both wan interface and the one my machine is on, and there
is no NAT involved for the traffic between the wild internet and my machine.

The normal traffic is not a problem; When Turk Telecom's broken DNS
points all of Turkey at me, however, the state count in monowall goes
up. Fast. And it sometimes exhausts the 30k state table, at which point
all traffic suffers.

What I need is primitive, stateless packet pushing between the two
interfaces. Preferably without adding another box in front of it, since
the monowall also acts as 6to4, pptp, and nat for the lan.

Is there a way to get stateless routing through editing the XML? Or do I
need to do a custom image using my truly lacking pf skills?

/Kasper Pedersen