[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Francisco Artes <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 To:  joeymorin at alumni dot uwaterloo dot ca
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] dns forwarder
 Date:  Sat, 19 Dec 2009 07:21:22 -0800
Use the DNS forwarder on the firewall to establish a IP to FQDN for your host.  Make sure the
"domain" in general settings is the same, and do that for the /etc/resolv.conf so that it knows the
correct domain and has the m0n0wall set as a resolve host.  Your external DNS, what ever that is
going to be, would have the external IP to FQDN for the public... but do not use this as a resolve
host for your internal LAN.  If you want to run a local DNS cache server, do that with another IP
address and tell it to forward requests for your internal domain name to the m0n0wall.