[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Roberto Greiner <mrgreiner at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  setting VLAN
 Date:  Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:57:35 -0200
Hi,

I'm struggling somewhat with something that should be easy.

Inside a XenCitrix Box, I've set a virtual monowall 1.3. I would like to
set the LAN interface to work in a given VLAN (say vlan 10).

To do that, in Interfaces(assign)/VLAN I've create the VLAN with id 10,
on the internal physical interface (re1 here. re0 is the WAN interface).

Next, in Interfaces(assign)/VLAN I've set the LAN interface to be this
new VLAN.

After reboot, I've set the IP address (172.16.0.2, for tests).

Unfortunately, it did not work. Other virtual machines in the same
physical server do manage to acess this same vlan properly (Tested with
a Debian install). From the Monowall install, with icmp, I can't reach
other machines, and neither do other machines reach the server.

Did I miss something? According to http://m0n0.ch/wall/hardware.php, re
interfaces do support vlans.

Thank you for your help,

Roberto Greiner

                 Marcos Roberto Greiner

    Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
     Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                   James Branch Cabell