[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  slamp slamp <slackamp at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: dhcpd: send_packet: Permission denied
 Date:  Mon, 28 Dec 2009 09:10:43 -0500
i think this maybe a dhcp bug. my ps3 was requesting for an IP address
already taken by another device however dhcpd was not telling my ps3
this and instead failing the request with permission denied. i
increased my scope, dhcpd restarted and boom my ps3 was able to get a
lease with a different IP.

fyi i did check the leases file and not all ip addresses have entries
there so dhcpd should have given out a new lease.

latest dhcpd version is 3.1.3 and m0n0wall is running 3.0.5.