[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DSL (pppoe) connection drops and never reconnects
 Date:  Mon, 28 Dec 2009 19:40:33 -0500
On 12/28/09 15:07, Tim Nelson wrote:

> > Ensure you have 'Dial on Demand mode' *UN*checked. Also, try setting your
idle timeout to '0' or just leave it blank.

> > Tim Nelson
> > Systems/Network Support

Hi Tim, thanks for the reply, but the PPPoE "dial-on-demand" feature was
removed from m0n0wall in version 1.3b12. The problems I am seeing are on a
1.3b15 m0n0wall. ;)

Here's the relevant posting from the changelog: http://m0n0.ch/wall/changelog.php

1.3b12 (07/07/2008)
- Remove PPPoE/PPTP dial-on-demand feature. Still doesn't work properly,
nobody has enough interest in it to fix it, and most people probably don't
need it anyway

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC