[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  Mikael Bak <mikael at t dash online dot hu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DSL (pppoe) connection drops and never reconnects
 Date:  Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:56:40 +0100
On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Mikael Bak <mikael at t dash online dot hu> wrote:

> Hi,
> This has happened here too a few times.
>
> We're on Alix and have the most recent m0n0wall (1.3).
>
> The PPPoE connection drops and the connection will not come back until I
> reboot m0n0wall. Trying to reconnect from the m0n0wall web interface
> does not help.
>
> The ISP is Invitel in Hungary if that matters.
>
> Mikael

Remember, there is still a bug with the ethernet VR driver in FreeBSD
6.x (base of m0n0wall 1.3), this was fixed in FreeBSD 7.
Alix boards are using those ethernet interfaces.
We stopped deploying monowall on alix boards for this reason untill we
have a FreeBSD 7 based m0n0wall version.
The alix boards we had were switched to pfsense where this problem
doesn't exist.

We also had it also on the LAN interface btw, it just stopped working
after a day or so.
Rebooting the m0n0wall solved it, but this isn't easy when the box is remote :-)

kind regards
Yves