[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  rh at ffpx dot de
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to put configuration file on CD - for strong security options
 Date:  Sat, 02 Jan 2010 18:46:44 +0100
I am using this kind of configuration as well. But of course, if You
have to follow strong security needs, this may not be allowed to
You...!? In this moment You sould also preview an automatical reboot
every 24h in the crontab.

I dont know if it would be possible to use an USB-Stick on Your
hardware with write-protection options, to write-protect it on the fly
by hardware-switch.

So may be You could store Your conf.xml on there. But nevertheless You
will have to "hack" the standard-iso -Image I suppose, to implement
such changes.

Software to unpack and pack an iso-image You should find on heise.de,
sourceforge.net and so on. - That's something like an "unzip or zip"
not much more difficult...

Otherwise You could just configure Your Version on a cf-card. Save
Your configuration and put this file on Your CD.

To find the configuration file please refer to the online-doc at:
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-configonCD.html

good luck!

Ralf