[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <peter at currans dot eu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Multicast support
 Date:  Sun, 03 Jan 2010 15:00:02 +0000
Any thoughts on providing multicast support on m0n0?  Here in the UK
there is quite a big trial of multicast tv/radio and a number of ISPs
(inlcuding mine) are providing multicast support.  My chaps are running
IGMP and PIM-SM (i can see the multicasts being filtered by the default
deny rule on the WAN interface).

I suppose in the simplest sense I need to pass IGMP though the m0n0 to
the LAN, although it might be interesting to play with PIM.  There
doesn't seem to be anything built into m0n0 - does anybody know any
different?

Peter