[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ulrik Lunddahl (PROconsult)" <ul at proconsult dot dk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  VPN
 Date:  Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:07:17 +0100
Hi!

We have been using PPTP VPN to give road warriors access to our internal network, we only allow a
few posts to be access, primary our Terminal Servers. This has been working fine for a long time.

However some of the guys have 3G network access on their notebooks, and the 3G provider gives them
an IP address in the RFC-1918 range, so they are passing a NAT router in some way, and this brakes
the PPTP option.

I'm thinking of trying to set up m0n0wall IP SEC -> Windows IP SEC Client, is that an option or am I
moving the wrong way ?

What are you guys using ?

Med venlig hilsen, Best regards
Ulrik Lunddahl

Sales Manager - Salgschef

Tel: +45 63113333 - Tel dir: +45 63113341 - Mobil: +45 26363341 - Fax: +45 63113344
E-mail: ul at proconsult dot dk - Web site: www.proconsult.dk

VSP - Infrastructure Optimization Solutions

VSP - Business Continuity

VTSP - VMware Infrastructure Virtualization

vExpert - Nominated for and Awarded the vExpert award in February 2009