[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason Collins" <jason at mammothcomputers dot com>
 To:  "Ulrik Lunddahl (PROconsult)" <ul at proconsult dot dk>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: VPN
 Date:  Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:13:08 -0600
Hi Ulrik, if I may, I would suggest using the Safenet IPSEC vpn client for windows in lieu of the
windows client.  I have used it for years for many clients connecting from behind NATed devices with
no problems as long as there are no egress filters in place.  You can buy it very reasonably priced
branded from Netgear in either 1 or 5 user packs (perhaps other packs as well).

I have not tried later versions with Vista or Windows 7so you may want to research that a bit if
those operating systems are in your environment.  Best of luck and let us know how it works out.

See it for sale here:

http://www.netgear.com/Products/Software/VPNClientSoftware.aspx

Or the latest version directly from Safenet (more expensive) here:

http://biz.safenet-inc.com/prod/software/index.asp

Monowall documentation on setting it up here:

http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq.html#id11647784