[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Boot <bootc at bootc dot net>
 To:  balram ghimie <balramg at hotmail dot com>
 Cc:  mono <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Is it works ?
 Date:  Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:12:32 +0000
Hi,

This _may_ be possible if m0n0wall supports the particular chipset of USB to Ethernet adaptor you
use, however I very much doubt you'll get acceptable performance. I would expect a laptop of that
age to only have USB 1.1 which runs at a maximum of 11 Mbps half duplex, giving you at most 5 Mbps
of throughput if you're very, very lucky.

I really wouldn't say it's worth it, unfortunately.

Chris

On 9 Jan 2010, at 12:51, balram ghimie wrote:

> I have one old laptop with 64 MB RAM and 266 speed of processor. But there is no Networking (RJ45)
Port. However, One USB port and it's also support USB LAN Card. My idea is using same laptop as
monowall router with the help of USB hub and 2 USB LAN Cards. Is it possible ? Any one can suggest
me that is it possible.

http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_2:092009

--
Chris Boot