[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  mono <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Is it works ?
 Date:  Sat, 09 Jan 2010 09:23:21 -0600
balram ghimie wrote:
> I have one old laptop with 64 MB RAM and 266 speed of processor. But there is no Networking (RJ45)
Port. However, One USB port and it's also support USB LAN Card. My idea is using same laptop as
monowall router with the help of USB hub and 2 USB LAN Cards. Is it possible ? Any one can suggest
me that is it possible.

The only USB nics supported by the 1.2 version are very old USB 1 types,
and they are hard to find.  You may have better luck with the 1.3
version, but it will take more CPU.  The system will be slow, either
way.  Probably only about 5-7 meg total throughput.  But with some US
Internet speeds, that may be enough. :)  (If you do not use traffic
shaping or VPN, anyway)

			Lee