[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems with CPU load on soekris
 Date:  Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:42:18 +0100
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 9:30 PM, Jessica Aguilar <jaguilar at skyriver dot net> wrote:

> Thanks for answering me.
>
> Well users will be around 25 to 30 at the most and firewall rules are
> like 10 only to be able to access devices remotately and monitor the
> soekris and some devices behind the soekris.
>
> Acually I though that it that user amount but it varies I've seen this
> problem with less than 10 users autheticated.
>

> I also have traffic shapping enable.
>
> Thank you

I've seen this problem many times passing by lately.
I've experienced it also. I've seen it on heavy loaded systems and
small loaded systems.
I also have systems which are more loaded and don't see the problem.
It really is random.

I solved it most of the times by changing the max lease time in the
dhcp settings to 28800 or even 14400.
I also found that all problem locations had mac osX clients in the
lan. Not sure if this is related.
I wonder if providing an image with a rootfs which is a little bigger
wouldn't take care of these issues.

Kind regards