[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brett Kosinski <fancypantalons at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Support for IPv6 over VPN to tunnel into LAN?
 Date:  Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:22:10 -0700
Over the last couple days I've deployed m0n0wall 1.3, and so far the
experience has been fantastic!  Once again, amazing work to everyone
involved, it really is a great software package.

Now, as part of that deployment, I figured I'd migrate my systems over
to dual-stacked IPv6.  So I requested a tunnel with Hurricane Electric,
got myself a routed /48, set up m0n0wall to use HE's DNS servers, and
voila, my entire network is now connected over IPv6 and can access
IPv6-capable hosts (including all of Google's services... thank you
HE!).

However, I'm now trying to configure a VPN for remote access, so that I
can tunnel into my network from outside.  Previously I configured PPTP,
and that works great for IPv4.  But am I correct in concluding that
m0n0wall doesn't currently support IPv6 over either IPSec (ironically)
or PPTP (ie, I want the remote machine to be able to access my internal
network using v6 over the tunnel)?

Brett.