[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew at ATM Logic" < at >
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Slow m0nowall?
 Date:  Thu, 21 Jan 2010 01:48:47 -0600
Anyone have some thoughts on what I can look at...    My Monowall box
(running on a PIII and a 8mb CF card) has been slowing down traffic slower
and slower over the last year until now its down to about half that of
dialup.  I have ruled all the wireless gear (tested with a cable plugged
direct from the WAN to a PC and downloaded from my own web server (on the
LAN side) at only 1.27kbs  :-(

I was wanting to try upgrading the image but... stuck with 1.2x due to my
8mb card.

So, anyone have some thoughts on what I could/should look at?

Can I export my config, then set everything to defaults and import my
config?  I have no special rules, just using a custom splash page and a
dozen users.  It was so many years ago I set it up that I totally forget
everything I did to create it  :-)