[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thompson, Andrew" <andrew at fernico dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DNS Forwarder - Suggestion
 Date:  Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:05:38 +0000
Hi,

I used the DNS Forwarder "override entire domain" feature for the first time the other day. I wanted
to forward all DNS queries for our corporate network domain to our corporate network DNS server, the
network is accessible over a IPSec VPN link so I entered in the local IP and presumed it would work
over the VPN, it did not. I ended up forwarding it to the public IP of one of our DNS servers and
configured the firewalls on either end appropriately.

So it would be nice if I could elect to send DNS forwarding traffic over a VPN link.

Note, I don't want to send all my DNS queries to our corporate DNS server as when the VPN breaks, I
can't resolve anything!

Thanks

Andrew Thompson