[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS Forwarder - Suggestion
 Date:  Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:01:43 -0500
On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Thompson, Andrew <andrew at fernico dot com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used the DNS Forwarder "override entire domain" feature for the first time the other day. I
wanted to forward all DNS queries for our corporate network domain to our corporate network DNS
server, the network is accessible over a IPSec VPN link so I entered in the local IP and presumed it
would work over the VPN, it did not. I ended up forwarding it to the public IP of one of our DNS
servers and configured the firewalls on either end appropriately.

You need the route described here:
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-snmpovervpn.html