[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fabrizio Steiner <fabrizio at steiner dash vs dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.3 WAN <-> Opt bridge wrong rules apply
 Date:  Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:30:03 +0100
In the meantime I've figured out where the problem came from. As my test config shows, there's a DNS
Server defined on the General Setup Page. As soon I've removed the DNS Server there and rebooted the
monowall everything was running fine and the OPT1 rules applied as they should. Adding again a DNS
Server almost immediately the OPT1 rules weren't used anymore and again the WAN rules applied.

I have absolutely no clue why a DNS Server entry has an impact onto the rules, which are applied.

It would be great if someone of the monowall developers could have a look onto this. As for now I'll
install a test monowall with 1.3 without any DNS Server.

Kind Regards
Fabrizio