[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mike Nichols <mike at myownsoho dot net>
 To:  Sterling Windmill <sterling at ampx dot net>
 Cc:  Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cheap small factor computer
 Date:  Sat, 13 Feb 2010 02:48:02 -0500
I'm looking to gain support for providing passive PoE via these (or one
of) the ports on these bricks.  These machines look awesome and to keep
footprint low, hijacking 12-18 volts out of the power supply shouldn't
be too much of a problem.
i already preordered the simple one, since wireless and usb is built
into it anyway--
anyone else need support for this type of infrastructure?
-mike

Sterling Windmill wrote:
> I know that there exists no ARM port of m0n0wall.
>
> I believe that the pfSense developers are working on an ARM port, but I'm not sure how far along
it is.

> There does exist some ARM support in vanilla FreeBSD, but I'm not sure how usable it is for the
platform you're looking at:

> http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/arm.html

Mike Nichols
My Own Soho, LLC