[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Phillips <g7ltt at g7ltt dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPENCAP getting dropped
 Date:  Sun, 21 Feb 2010 00:13:00 -0500
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with IPENCAP in that MW keeps dropping/blocking the
incoming packets.

Mine is an amateur radio application where we use the 44.0.0.0/8 subnet.
As we are not allowed to interface with the "normal" Internet we use
IPENCAP to tunnel our data from one place to another.

The problem is that when incoming data gets to my monowall (running
V1.3) the packets get dropped.

Interestingly, if the remote station sends me an IPENCAP packet (for
example a ping) his packets are dropped. If I then send him data
immediately we can both swap data for quite a while until (I'm guessing)
some TTL has expired. I can produce this in both directions; the second
person to send data is able to conduct a data swapping session.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark