[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  John Busch <jbusch175 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  HAVA across IPSEC
 Date:  Sun, 31 Jan 2010 09:26:08 -0500
Hi everyone,

I have a HAVA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsoon_HAVA) video streaming
device on the far side of an operational IPSEC tunnel.  Both sides of the
tunnel are running m0n0wall 1.3.  The tunnel has been running fine for
months.

As far as I know, the HAVA device sends out UDP broadcasts on port 1778,
which is how other computers on the LAN running the HAVA client software
discovers its there.  Currently the laptop software on my side of the tunnel
reports no HAVA device on the network, since UDP 1778 broadcasts are not
forwarded across the tunnel.  For reasons unknown the HAVA folks do not
allow its client software to specify the IP address of the HAVA device.

Is there a way to configure my IPSEC tunnel/firewalls to forward UDP
broadcasts on port 1778 so I can utilize HAVA services across my IPSEC
tunnel?

Thanks - John