[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Frederic J. Breitwieser" <frederic at woodbridgedata dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Hotspot Billing
 Date:  Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:42:05 -0500
Greetings,

I successfully got my m0m0wall working on Watchguard hardware, one port
assigned as a "captive portal" and my EnGenius 600mw wifi AP's are plugged
into that via a 10/100 switch.

If devices are in the approved MAC list they go right through bypassing the
portal and devices that are not need to enter a username/password.

I have not experimented with FreeRadius and that's the next part of the
project.  One of the things I'd like to do is turn this into a
customer-facing hotspot, where I can accept credit cards for hourly and
daily use.

Might any of you folks on this list done this using m0n0wall?  I've found
several how-to's to do this with other things but I have to say I really,
really like m0n0wall and would prefer, if possible, to keep using it for
this purpose.

Any ideas welcomed, thanks!