[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hotspot Billing
 Date:  Fri, 26 Feb 2010 22:12:29 -0600
Frederic J. Breitwieser wrote:
> Greetings,

> I successfully got my m0m0wall working on Watchguard hardware, one port
> assigned as a "captive portal" and my EnGenius 600mw wifi AP's are plugged
> into that via a 10/100 switch.

> If devices are in the approved MAC list they go right through bypassing the
> portal and devices that are not need to enter a username/password.

Note that this only works if they do http traffic first.  Go to a secure
website (https) first, it they will not authenticate.  You might
consider allowed IP addresses, and static DHCP assignments.

> I have not experimented with FreeRadius and that's the next part of the
> project.  One of the things I'd like to do is turn this into a
> customer-facing hotspot, where I can accept credit cards for hourly and
> daily use.

> Might any of you folks on this list done this using m0n0wall?  I've found
> several how-to's to do this with other things but I have to say I really,
> really like m0n0wall and would prefer, if possible, to keep using it for
> this purpose.

Done it.  Also helped make m0n0wall WISPr compliant.  The web front end
for billing and populating the radius database is the hard part.

			Lee