[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Graham Allan <allan at physics dot umn dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive portal - SSL and chaining certificates
 Date:  Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:27:54 -0600
Hi,

I was considering replacing the SSL certificate we use in our m0n0wall
captive portal, since we now have a Digicert wildcard cert to cover
multiple services. However the new certificate requires intermediate
(chained) certificates, and I'm not sure if there's any way to use these
within m0n0wall. Would I just concatenate our primary cert with the
intermediate and and root certs, in the "HTTPS certificate" field, and
place the key in "HTTPS private key" as normal? Searching the archives it
seems like some people had tried this without success.

Thanks for humouring my possibly dumb question,

G.
Graham Allan
School of Physics and Astronomy - University of Minnesota