[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Quark Group - Hilton Travis <Hilton at quarkgroup dot com dot au>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] H.323 woes...
 Date:  Mon, 22 Mar 2010 07:12:13 +1000
G'day Guy,

H.323 is almost impossible to get working through a firewall, even more so if there's a firewall at
each end.  There are some "H.323 Gatekeepers" that are available for some firewall/router platforms,
however I'd flick the old H.323 gear and use SIP instead as that's a lot easier to get working.

This has been an issue right from the start with H.323 due to poor design of the protocol with
respect to NATting.

--

http://hiltont.blogspot.com/

Regards,

Hilton Travis                       Phone: +61 (0)7 3105 9101
(Brisbane, Australia)               Phone: +61 (0)419 792 394
Manager, Quark IT                   http://www.quarkit.com.au
         Quark Group                http://www.quarkgroup.com.au

This document and any attachments are for the intended recipient only.
It may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material which
must not be disclosed or distributed without prior approval.

Quark Group Pty Ltd :: ABN 23 114 975 772
Trading As Quark AudioVisual, Quark Automation, Quark IT