[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jimmy Bones (Mhottie)" <mhottie at gmail dot com>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PIX 7.2 Vs m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:41:11 -0400
Hey Manuel and Guys,

Been using m0n0 for a long time now and happy to see 1.31 out.

This has been asked many times in the past (last reference I could find was
in 2006) and I think we should re-visit the topic briefly.

PIX Vs m0n0wall -

You can get PIX OS 7.2 on the 506e hardware easily. This is a Pentium III
300 (600 in my case) and 256mb Ram (upgradeable comes with 32mb).

Using 7.2 as a reference point and m0n0 1.31 - can we can get a good
compare/contrast/performance going for this?

I am willing to offer my setup to testing, let me know.