[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert <keyboard dot operator at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  ICMP Redirects
 Date:  Sun, 11 Apr 2010 00:13:38 -0700
Hello,

I recently setup a m0n0wall, version *1.3 built on Mon Nov 30 20:18:13 CET
2009, with IPsec.  I am using ProxyARP on the monowall to simulate a local
IP address on the network for the mobile ipsec client.  This way machines
that are not on the same LAN can talk to the remote VPN clients without any
custom routes.  This all works great and I am able to reach the correct
hosts, but the problem is the m0n0wall is constantly sending out ICMP
redirect messages to the hosts.  This isn't the end of the world, because it
is safe to ignore them, but I was curious if there was a way to disable
this.*
*
*
*Or maybe I am asking this wrong, should I be setting up my IPSec another
way?  As I talk through this, it may just make more sense to copy over a few
custom routes for the VPN.*
*
*
*Thanks,*