[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Kim Wall <kim at ductilebiscuit dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-announce] 1.32 released
 Date:  Sun, 18 Apr 2010 10:16:00 +0200
On 18.04.2010, at 02:37, Kim Wall wrote:

> It's late and I've only superficially poked about, but it appears that
> (for me at least) this version is omitting the DNS server addresses from
> the dhcpd.conf file, which causes dhcpd to die on startup.  Turning off
> DNS forwarder has no effect.

Hmm, looks like if you have no DNS servers entered on the general setup page *and* the DNS forwarder
is disabled, an invalid DHCPD configuration is generated. However, in that case there would be no
valid DNS servers to be assigned to the DHCP clients anyway, so that configuration usually wouldn't
make much sense (unless you intend to configure the DNS servers manually on each client).

Can you tell us more about your settings (are you using IPv6, have you entered any DNS servers on
the general setup page, etc.) or provide the config.xml that causes the problem?

Thanks,

Manuel