[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-announce] 1.32 released
 Date:  Sun, 18 Apr 2010 21:22:39 +0200
On 18.04.2010, at 02:37, Kim Wall wrote:

> It's late and I've only superficially poked about, but it appears that
> (for me at least) this version is omitting the DNS server addresses from
> the dhcpd.conf file, which causes dhcpd to die on startup.  Turning off
> DNS forwarder has no effect.

For the record - this was caused by use of the hidden dhcpd/(if)/dnsserver option in config.xml with
two DNS servers given in a comma-separated string (instead of two separate <dnsserver> elements).
Users that configure m0n0wall through the webGUI only should not experience any problems.

The next release will contain a fix to let the DHCP server start regardless of such issues (but
without handing out DNS server information to the clients in that case).

- Manuel