[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Egbert Jan" <egbert at vandenbussche dot nl>
 To:  "'mono'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  1.32 and IPv6
 Date:  Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:31:58 +0200
Hi, I have a question with regard to IPv6. I'm taking part in a pilot for
native IPv6 (unnumbered, /48 Prefix delegation) orgaized by XS4ALL, a Dutch
ISP that goes a bit further than most others...

The question is: does monowall honor all DHCPv6 advertisements/requsts as
client on the WAN port? In this pilot we get a /48 delegated and the v6
address of a DNS server. Maybe more. I do not know all ins and outs of the
xs4all setup. Someone om the ipv6 mailing list mentioned that monowall does
not listen to the advertisements on the WAN and consequently dos not picks
up the /48 prefix.

1.32 has several IPv6 enhancements but the release info is a bit short,
hence my question.

TIA
Egbert Jan (NL)