[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ian Pickworth" <ian at pickworth dot me dot uk>
 To:  "Thompson, Andrew" <andrew at fernico dot com>
 Cc:  "Egbert Jan" <egbert at vandenbussche dot nl>, "'mono'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] 1.32 and IPv6
 Date:  Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:57:55 +0100
I can second that, with a slightly different configuration. In my case I
have set Monowall to use IPv6 tunnel mode, specified the AAISP IPv4 tunnel
end point on Monowall, and my allocated IPv4 address specified from the
AAISP end. I have to run a tunnel since ADSL/Modem combination don;t seem
to be IPv6 capable.

I did find that configuring a /64 subnet on the LAN interface allowed the
router advertising feature to work. Using a /48 subnet on the LAN
interface provoked Monowall to complain that it could not advertise the
prefix because it was too long (might not have details right - I was in a
hurry). Configring /48 facing AAISP and /64 facing in to my LAN works
fine.

Regards