[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Frederic Breitwieser" <frederic at woodbridgedata dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DHCP testing
 Date:  Wed, 5 May 2010 23:04:08 -0400
Not exactly a m0n0wall question, but you folks may have a good
recommendation.

I'm looking for a piece of freeware that would simulate a DHCP request from
my m0n0wall, so I can look at the result and verify that the PXE server I
specified is actually being passed.

This is because various new servers, when booted with the PXE option, seem
to not find the tftp/pxe server, yet I can hit the PXE server just fine with
a tftp client on another computer.

Windows or Linux, either is fine.  Thanks in advance!

---

Frederic Breitwieser

Woodbridge Data LLC

40 Warwick Road