[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Roberto Greiner <mrgreiner at gmail dot com>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] High CPU -problem
 Date:  Mon, 10 May 2010 18:40:51 -0300
On 10/05/2010 18:30, Manuel Kasper wrote:
> On 10.05.2010, at 23:21, Roberto Greiner wrote:

10Mbps in, 3-5Mbps out.

> OK... what kind of virtualization solution? If it's VMware, then make sure that you're using the
e1000 NIC emulation (should appear as emX device in m0n0wall, rather than lncX). This can be
achieved by adding ethernetX.virtualDev = "e1000" to the .vmx file.

> I haven't tested any other virtualization solutions, but using VMware + e1000 on that hardware,
you should easily be able to push well over 100 Mbps through your m0n0wall VM.

server does present exactly to the virtual machine, but Monowall
identifies it 're0' (probably realtek).

Roberto

                 Marcos Roberto Greiner

    Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
     Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                   James Branch Cabell