[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Roberto Greiner <mrgreiner at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] High CPU -problem
 Date:  Wed, 12 May 2010 10:19:01 -0300
Hi,

quite a lot of the following messages:
  Limiting open port RST response from x to 200 packets/sec

with x ranging from 200 to 300.

Now, as far as I understand, this could mean someone is portscanning my
server, or something of the nature. I intend to put a sniffer on my
network to sort out where those packets are coming from, but my server
has an average traffic that floats between 5 and 30Mbps, so it would be
essential to filter out exactly the correct packets. So, could someone
appoint me what I should look for in the packets? SYN activated? RST
activated? In what combination?

Thanks,

Roberto

On 11/05/2010 11:43, Roberto Greiner wrote:
> On 11/05/2010 09:05, Xavier Beaudouin wrote:
>> Hi there,

>> I don't use Xen Citrix Server, but on some Xen implementation you can
>> have... e1000 as well...
>>
>> Xavier
> No, I just got an answer on the Citrix mail list, and in full
> virtualization the host will always be presented with a Realtek
> interface. One way to change that would be trying open source Xen, and
> that would require changes to the source code. Other way would be

> but will investigate.
>

> really the problem. Is there any way to verify that?
>
> Tks,
>
> Roberto

                 Marcos Roberto Greiner

    Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
     Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                   James Branch Cabell