[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Frederic Breitwieser" <frederic at woodbridgedata dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall and LTSP - dhcp
 Date:  Thu, 13 May 2010 17:10:54 -0400
Currently, my m0n0wall (s) run version 1.32 on Watchguard X1000 hardware -
quite slick if you ask me.

While building a Linux Terminal Server (LTPS 5, specifically), I need to be
able to define more than just the next-server parameter (192.168.1.15) and
the filename (/pxelinux.0) I also need to define the DHCP option root-path,
like so:

option root-path "192.168..15:/opt/ltsp/i386";

See, the K12Linux (https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/LiveServer) I am
using for this project provides DHCP as well as TFTP, and I have this
functionality already existing on my network.  DHCP is provided by the
default gateway (m0n0wall) and TFTP is provided on a separate server than
the LTSP server.

Technically, I could turn off DHCP on the m0n0wall and use the LTSP 5
server's DHCP (setting it appropriately for my lan of course) however that
only addresses the primary site where the LTSP server is - by using DHCP in
the m0n0walls, other sites that won't have a local LTSP server will be able
to see this one.

Is there a way of adding other parameters like this to the DHCP
functionality of m0n0wall?

Thanks in advance!

---

Frederic Breitwieser