[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Egbert Jan" <egbert at vandenbussche dot nl>
 To:  "'Anderes'" <anderes at buerotiger dot de>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] syslog doesn't accept dyndns adresses
 Date:  Fri, 14 May 2010 09:17:44 +0200

Dunno if I understand you correctly, Micheal. From a first glance I would
say that you just need a static route in your Monowall telling it where to
route the syslog packets. This would be the ip adress of the router side
where your monowall is connected.

If you are talking about a syslog server sitting elsewhere over internet
behinda  router that has a DynDNS address, we talking a different story.
Personally I would NEVER do that unencrypted because syslog info may carry
'interesting' debug info.

Egbert Jan (NL)