[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Egbert Jan" <egbert at vandenbussche dot nl>
 To:  "'Anderes'" <anderes at buerotiger dot de>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] syslog doesn't accept dyndns adresses
 Date:  Fri, 14 May 2010 20:54:18 +0200
Hi Michael, is the adres of the syslog server really changing very often?
Maybe you could do with an IP address aftr all. Many providers don't
guarantee a fixed address but in fact it IS always the same.

Monowall probably has a (ring)buffer for log messages but I'm not aware of
the size of the buffer, if any. Polling the client for their logbuffer does
not seem to be a very reliable job to me either.

Could you setup VPN connections to the devices? It would solve the
info-leaking and the server seems local to the clients. Please don't ask me
how to do it, the idea just came to mind... Also remember that the syslog
messages are udp. No control, no handshaking. So no guarantees that they
ever arrive at all...

Egbert Jan