[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Help! m0n0wall does not run well on Intel Atom Board!!!
 Date:  Mon, 17 May 2010 16:51:49 -0500 (CDT)
----- "GD Incorporation" <rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com> wrote:
> Dear all m0n0wall-ist
>
> I just purchased Intel Atom Board D945GCLF and added one more EThernet
> card
> to its PCI slot. I run m0n0wall generic PC image with version 1.32
> (Latest),
> but it does not work right. It couldn't recognize all of the ethernet
> cards.

The drivers are not available or new enough to recognize your interfaces.

> First I thought that the other card causes the problem, so I removed
> the
> additional card and rebooted m0n0wall with just the embedded card. But
> still
> no card was recognized.

The onboard interface is apparently not supported.

> Does anyone ran into the same problem? Any help for solution?
>
> I believe the LAN Card is Realtek RTL8102EL. Please help. I cannot
> return
> the board since it is already purchased. I tried to another Same
> version
> intel atom board and it produced the same errors.

Typically, a person checks compatibility *BEFORE* purchasing the hardware.

> I ran ubuntu linux to double check, but ubuntu was able to detect it
> and
> make the embedded lan card works just fine.

OK, so Ubuntu has drivers for your interface but m0n0wall does not. Ubuntu is Linux whereas m0n0wall
is FreeBSD.

> THanks
> Rendra

No, thank YOU.