[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  GD Incorporation <rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com>
 To:  "'Tew Chee Yong'" <cheeyong at hyperon dot com dot sg>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Help! m0n0wall does not run well on Intel Atom Board PART 2!!
 Date:  Wed, 19 May 2010 00:00:01 +0700
Hi Cheeyong and all monowallist out there,

So I downloaded the image that Cheeyong recommended. It ran great with the
on-board lan from the D945GCLF board which uses realtek 8111, I think. Now I
purchased the second card, and this time I made sure I purchased the correct
card.

So, I bought a LAN card with RTL8139D chipsets, I checked with m0n0wall site
that the card is compatible. Although, I am still trying to search the link
again. I was so excited, did not realize that I need to keep the site link
for reference.

However, a new problem occurs, m0n0wall was able to detect both cards when
it is still to assigned. But after I assingned the additional card either as
LAN or WAN, the card stops working (no up link) after finished rebooting the
m0n0wall. I tried to reboot many times and it is still the same.

The LAN card though still OK. Is this because I used the same realtek cards?
As usual, I tried linux ubuntu 9.04 with 2 lan cards on and I can access the
additional card well.

Please help anyone... I am dying here ..

Thank you in advance.