[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  GD Incorporation <rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Weird thing happens since m0n0wall 1.3
 Date:  Wed, 19 May 2010 16:25:14 +0700
OK

Here is the weird thing I found from my experiences building 3 monowalls
with 3 different boards and for sure realtek 8139D.
I found this when I tried to test the LAN Card health by switching LAN
interface.

This is what I did. First, I assigned rl0 as LAN and rl1 as WAN. I plug in
the LAN cable and it worked great. Now, I wanna test the other LAN Card by
switching the LAN to rl1 and WAN to rl0, then I plugged the same LAN Cable
to the rl1 and rebooted the m0n0wall. Then It does not work at all. The LAN
cannot be accessed.

Then I shut the m0n0wall completely and unplug all the power cables and
sometimes I even restore the factory setting/reimage the m0n0wall then I set
the rl1 as LAN and rl0 as WAN and plug the same LAN cable to rl1 and it
worked great. Then I changed the interface again rl0 to LAN and rl1 to WAN
and plug the same LAN cable to rl0 and rebooted the m0n0wall, now the rl0
cannot be accessed.

Sometimes when I used different cable (ie: use different port in the
switch), it works. But a lot of time require me to either shutdown the
m0n0wall completely or to reset to factory model. Sometimes I need to wait
few minutes (like 15 to 20 minutes) before the new interface setting can be
used.

Can anyone explain this? This never happened to me when I used m0n0wall
1.22. But I need the voucher feature from m0n0wall 1.32.

Thanks
Rendra