[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Weird thing happens since m0n0wall 1.3
 Date:  Wed, 19 May 2010 12:16:14 +0100
Hi,

<rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com> wrote:
> Oh.. That is new for me. How can I manually clear the ARP? Is there any
> menu
> on the GUI? I cannot find any menu to clear ARP cache in the console nor
in
> the web GUI? If you mean Proxy ARP, I did not set any nor see any
entries
> that can be cleaned.
>
> As to clear the ARP on the device on the other side of m0n0wall... Do
you
> mean the 24 ports switch? How? I uses regular cheap non managed switch.

Forget about the switch - it won't have an ARP cache.  If you have to
reboot m0n0wall after you have made the NIC changes then its ARP cache will
have been cleared.

For your PC you are testing from, you will need to use the 'arp' command.
For Linux you can use:

arp -d <ip address of m0n0wall>

For Windows you can use:

arp -d *

If you have a router on the WAN connection of m0n0wall, you will need to
clear its ARP cache - you may have to powercycle it or find a way through
its web frontend.

HTH,

Neil.