[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Simon Baker <simonb at kaizo dot org>
 To:  Harbert - Orangebox Networks <harbert at orangebox dot com dot br>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RFC 2136 Dynamic DNS updates
 Date:  Thu, 01 Jul 2010 16:56:26 +0100
On 01/07/2010 16:27, Harbert - Orangebox Networks wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 13:48:36 +0100, Simon Baker  wrote:  Hi There,
>
>   I'm trying to configure this, though lacking in success unfortunately.
>
>   Does anyone know how to 'manually' force this for testing purposes? At
> what point does the system 'trigger' and run nsupdate?
>
>   I've confirmed the BIND servers are functioning correctly from another
> machine.
>
>   Regards,
>
>   Simon.
>
> I'm using DynDNS already for longer, works perfect.
> After each time a new PPPoE connection is made, it automaticly updates.
> Besides that, if you just hit the "save" button it will also update
> itself.
> Check if you have setup all correct with your Dynamic DNS provider.
>
> Cheers,

Actually, this may be a bug.

My original  .key files contain for example:

nsupdate-home.xxxxxxxxxxxx.org. IN KEY 512 3 157
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx==

yet on the m0n0wall, this information has changed to:

nsupdate-home.xxxxxxxxxxx.org. IN KEY 257 3 157 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx==

The size of the key has changed from 512 bit to 257 bit.  Or am I
missing something else here?

Regards,

Simon
smime.p7s (8.8 KB, application/pkcs7-signature)