[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bob Gustafson <bobgus at rcn dot com>
 To:  Stefan Vetter <svetter at lernweb dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] no reaction after installation
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:16:49 -0500
On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 20:32 +0200, Stefan Vetter wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just installed according this installation instructions on an alixboard:
> http://techunplugged.com/2009/07/22/alix-monowall-firewall-part-1/
>
> When i try to connect nothing happens.
> My Mac recives no IP-Adress from the embeded monowall.
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Stefan

Your Mac won't receive any IP address from monowall - it is the other
way around.

-----

You need to connect an ethernet cable from the LAN port to a hub or
switch and then another cable from the same hub or switch to your Mac.
It may be possible to connect the ethernet cable directly from the
Alixbox (LAN port) to your Mac. A 'crossover' cable will work if you
have one.

When you plug in the ethernet cable between the Alixbox and your hub or
switch, you should see lights beside the cable connector on the Alixbox.
If no lights, then you have a problem (try crossover cable).

If you do see lights, unplug the power from the Alixbox and then plug it
back in. You should see blinky lights beside the ethernet connector.

--------

Try to connect to the webserver running inside monowall (Use Safari or
Firefox on your Mac and try to connect to http://192.168.1.1/ )

If everything worked as in the above installation instructions, you
should see the web page from the webserver running inside monowall.

If you continue to have problems, let us know what lights you see.

Bob G