[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lincoln Beachy" <lincphil at aim dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at bokler dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] hostap vs BSS modes
 Date:  Sat, 10 Jul 2010 12:01:54 -0400
JM,
I am using the hostap mode on my m0n0wall, it works great. My setup is
bridge is to none and I have assigned a different ip address for that
interface. I am assuming that you can connect to your hotspot but not the
internet.
After you setup your Wi-Fi interface you need to go into your firewall rules
and add a rule that allows traffic from the Wi-Fi section of your system,
then you can get out to the internet.
If you use the hostap mode make sure you have the dchp server enabled for
the wifi part too. I should mention that if you put it in bridged mode with
your lan, it will use your ip addresses that you give the dchp server for
the lan side.
Lincoln