[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic shaping using NAT
 Date:  Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:18:53 -0500
On 07/16/2010 11:07 AM, Steve Yates wrote:

> 	I'm not sure I follow..."ensure that the source isn't NATed"?  We could always give it a public
IP but were hoping not to do so.

For the record, NAT breaks a lot of stuff.  That said, we have an
amazing amount of control in how NAT works on m0n0wall.  What he is
telling you is that you can configure NAT so that it is turned off for
the bridged interface.  This can be a bit complex to set up right, which
is why it is in the "Advanced Outbound NAT" section.

			Lee